Barring mitigating circumstances, all of my friends should be willing to:
- Bail me out of jail if need be (I’ve seriously lost a friend because of this)
- Give me a relatively small amount of change (such as to be able to afford a coffee) and not expect to be paid back.
- Be willing to loan me up to the cost of a meal.
- Tell me if I look ridiculous, as long as it’s something I have the power to change before I go out in public.
- Help me move no more than once per year.
- Offer me food/drink when I’m visiting… and not remember it for later arguments.
- Let me use her phone for a short amount of time.
- Pick up items or run errands for me if they are urgent or relatively easy to perform. Also, if it would be far harder for me to do them than if she simply did them for me.
- Give me a ride to work, home, or to run errands if it is urgent or not a major hassle.
- Let me sleep on their floor/couch if I’m traveling or homeless.
The last one is particularly important for me as I’m often homeless and/or traveling. But I suppose that’s how you find out who your tru friends are.